General Rules of the School:
2. School uniform is compulsory and students must come to school in the prescribed uniform in exact colour and pattern.
3. Ornaments or jewellery of any kind shall not be worn in the school. Use of make-up is not allowed.
4. Students must be punctual. They must settle down in their classes with the first bell.
5. The school will not be responsible, before and after the school hours, for the students who use private transport.
6. Students suffering from infectious diseases shall not be permitted to attend the school until full recovery supported by a medical certificate.
For diseases like chicken pox, mumps and measles the isolation period is 14 days.
7. In the case of long leave or leave during tests/exams, permission should be taken from the Head of the school. In other cases a leave letter must be
submitted to the class teacher.
8. Students are not allowed to leave the school premises without the permission of the Head of the school. They are not allowed to enter any class
other than their own.
9. Students are not allowed to meet parents/visitors during the class hours without the permission of the Head of the school. Telephone calls to the students
unless urgent will not be entertained.
10. Only parents are permitted to take their children out during class hours after obtaining necessary permission from the Head of the school.
11. Students should take care to keep the class-room and school premises neat and clean.
12. Chewing gum is strictly forbidden in the school premises/buses.
13. Mobile phones, cameras, MP3 players, iPods etc shall not be brought to school. Disciplinary action will be taken against the students who
violate this rule and the items brought will be confiscated by the school.
14. Misuse of internet / social media can result in serious consequences like suspension from the school and notification to the Department of Private
15. Bullying and use of foul language are strictly prohibited in the school premises / school buses. Strict action will be taken against the students
indulge in such acts.
Copyright © 2004 by
Gulf Indian School. All rights